The RTG-specific qualification programme encompasses different elements:
- Membrane Ring Lecture. The RTG specific membrane ring lecture will address topics and methods central to the RTG.
- Membrane Seminar. The membrane seminar provides the framework for both the presentations of progress reports of the RTG members as well as for guest scientists.
- Every RTG member will participate in 2-4 hands-on lab trainings both on theoretical/computational as well as on experimental methods central to the RTG.The 1-week lab trainings cover topics such as live cell imaging in plants, electrophysiology, multiscale simulations, or traction force measurements in 2D and 3D.
- The doctoral researchers within the RTG will spend 2-6 months in a collaborating, internationally renowned research group abroad.
- Annual, 3-days membrane retreats will be organized by the RTG members.
Hands-On Lab Trainings
Lab Training 2017
|12.07.-14.07.2017||Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Biomembrane Mimetics||Böckmann|
|24.07.-27.07.2017||Summer School for X-ray Scattering||Unruh|
|25.07.-26.07.2017||Bioluminescence Resonance Transfer (BRET)||Schambony|
|05.12.-07.12.2017||Validation of protein-ligand crystal structures||Muller|
Lab Training 2016
|24.06.2016||Workshop by Dr. Susanne Fenz (University of Würzburg)||Dr. Susanne Fenz|
|18.07.-21.07.2016||2nd CENEM Summer School for X-ray Scattering 2016||Unruh|
Lab Trainings 2015
|27.07.-31.07.2015||Introduction to Python Programming||Bertelshofer / Böckmann|
|03.08.-05.08.2015||Molecular Dynamics Simulations of Biomembranes||Böckmann|
|01.09.-03.09.2015||Live Cell Fluorescence Microscopy: Protein targeting (XFP tagging), dynamics (FRAP, photoactivation) & interaction partners (BiFC)||Dettmer / Kost|
|29.09.-01.10.2015||BRET (Bioluminescence Resonance Energy Transfer) based signaling assays||Tschammer|
|06.10.-09.10.2015||X-ray scattering summer school||Unruh|
|06.10.-09.10.2015||Electrophysiology / Patch Clamp||Dietrich|
Lab Trainings 2014
|11.08.-15.08.2014||Introduction to Python Programming||Bertelshofer / Böckmann|